I forgot to mention this morning that probably the best part of our flight was watching the sunrise somewhere over the UK, and then seeing the Alps glistening in the early morning sun! what a sight that was.
We are really tired this evening, we bought Metro tickets and rode all over, first to the Vatican, then wandered around Vatican City for awhile. As some of you know, walking on cobblestones is NOT like walking on a regular sidewalk! I got blisters on my heels had to switch to sandals, Barb did fine. We purchased a prepaid cell for emergencies both calls from our families and if we need help 25 Euro, not bad.. We both have I-phones and it is WAY too expensive to use those so they are turned off unless we hit a wi-fi hot spot to use. This evening we wandered around the area where our hotel is and settled on a restaurant, wine and pasta ---what more could you ask for!
I'm not very creative this evening, we hope to get to a computer where we can post pictures soon. Barbara has been taking a lot of pics. I am using the hotel computer right now 1Euro per half hour. Tomorrow we take the train to the area where my grandparents came from, a 5.5 hour train ride. It will be interesting to see if any family is there and whether they give a hoot that two Americans have come over to see them.
For now Buona notte!
No comments:
Post a Comment