Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday

Well, of course our last morning the sun comes out! I didn't mean yesterday that I don't like Venice. There are many nice things here. I like the way each "neighborhood" has it's own campo, like a courtyard really with shops & restaurants. Once we got our internal compasses going we found our way pretty well. I think Carnivale might be fun here, all the beautiful masks etc. Despite the cold, yesterday afternoon we had to go out in Barbara's quest to find the best gelatto. She has tried gelatto in every city. Yesterday there was one close by that Rick Steve's had recommended. I asked if it was truely better than the others she said she didn't know because she got a different flavor each time!
We are now waiting for the water taxi to take us to the train and our last city, Milan, where the weather says the sun is shining and the high will be 56. Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment