Here we are in Milano. Last night as we were walking to a restaurant we encountered an extraterrestrial experience. Suddenly a ray of light shown & angels were singing...it was a Mexican Restaurant!! We stopped in our tracks & went in; while it was not Tex-Mex, it was Mexican & we wolfed it down. Tonight we made it to the other restaurant.
Today we rode the subway & saw the magnificent Duomo, plaza, La Scala & Peck. How I wish I had an extra $500 to buy 2 tickets to see "Carmen" at La Scala tomorrow night. But we did see the magnificent theater & museum. I plan to return to Peck before we leave to buy some items to bring home. Barbara thinks Milan is just like any other big city, I really like it do we differ there. We have lots more pictures to post when we get to an Internet Cafe that allows uploads. Buonanotte!
I think Milan is a big city, but mostly because we were full up with big churches, statues, and paintings and we had been traveling for three weeks. The church deserves a audiotour, Rick Steves. I know I could have opted for the one available in the church for rent, but I was use to listening to Rick on my iPhone. Milan was the city about which I had not researched. However, I had heard about the Galleria, the world's first shopping mall, built in 1871. That was neat to see. It has a glass ceiling just like ours....a expensive stores. I think we were just tired, because there was much more that we didn't explore.
ReplyDelete