Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday

Well, duh forgot to mention yesterday we also cruised the galleria de Vitorrio Emmanuel, a glass domed shopping mall built in 1867. Shops like Prada, YSL, Gucci; oh sure we shopped til we dropped...not. Also forgot to tell how when we checked in at the Madison Hotel, the desk clerk asked if my name is Italian; si, I replied. Italiano di Calabria? OMG must be Italian drum signals! Turns out he has friends by the same name who are from there; told him if they are cousins tell them to come visit!
Friends & family of Barbara will appreciate that today we went to Cimitero Monumentale, a cemetery! But not just any cemetery. It is a cemetery of 245,000 square meters (about 60 acres), 20,000 sq. meters of which are gardens. The cemetery consists of bronze & marble sculptures everywhere and is more like an art garden than cemetery. Hopefully pictures will be posted tonight or tomorrow. Went to Peck (http://www.peck.it/) & bought stuff to bring home. Tomorrow is our last day! We were going to go to Lake Como but my congestion & cough is getting me down, so guess we won't stop in to see George.
3 things I've looked for but not found meatballs, garlic bread, a single rich man my age. Surprisingly hard to find-crushed red peppers. Every time I ask for it I get ground black pepper!!No one in Italy seems to eat the stuff, crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment