Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday

NOTE: if you have not figured it out, when you click on a slideshow, it will open in a new window, & you can see pictures full screen!
ok, no we did not skip over to Greece from Rome. Day before yesterday we went to see the Pantheon, not the Parthenon.  It was still amazing. Did you know that even though there is a hole in the top of the Dome, with the door open, the draft pushes the rain up and out?
Yesterday, we went to the original domed stadium--the Colosseum and spent about 3 hours. There was more we wanted to see but honestly, we were so tired from the day before, we went back to the room and I took a nap.  Just a note that except for the Monuments of Rome and Vatican Museum tours, we have used only public transportation.  It's east enough but you encounter a lot of stairs when using a "train," subway, whatever you want to call it.  Last night we went to dinner near the Spanish Steps. It got late on us and Barbara was worried we would not catch the last train so we did not go to the top, but I promise you all the other steps we have climbed, we have done the Spanish Steps several times over! I wish I'd had my stress test at the cardiologist's office after the trip instead of before, I think I would have done even better!!
Most hotels have CNN here, the only English speaking channel or BBC, however the only news I've seen reported has been that some guy named Rooney wants to leave Manchester United, the Chilean Miners were rescued and there are riots in France over pension reform. However, last night we saw that Cliff Lee pitched a great game against the Yankees, 13 strikeouts and the Rangers won and were in a 2-0 lead in the series. YEA! Go Texas Rangers!!
ok, we're off to Florence-- Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment